Wonderful Few Days in Varanasi
Every year, when I visit India, Varanasi is always on my top list. This wasn’t for the first time that I visited Varanasi. I had been there several times in my age of 42 years, but to be honest, the recent 10 day visit of mine was simply mind blowing. Its memories have got engraved on the bottom most layer of my heart. Actually, what I did this time was, I choose @EastSons Cafe to have my stay in the city. This beautiful Cafe is on the bank of River Ganges at the Jain Ghat just beside the Subah- e – Banaras fame Assi Ghat.
The panoramic view of the rising Sun from the balcony of my room always made me wake up early in the morning and that too without any alarm.
The meals served at EastSons Cafe were just irresistible. They were so yummy that on coming back to London, for a few days I actually didn’t like the taste of food at my home. Right from the Breakfast to Dinner, apart from the Italian and chinese cuisine, they serve you the lip smacking dishes of Benares except the non-vegetarian food items.
Not only this, they provided me with a superb Guide who planned my daily trips in the best way. His friendly nature made me feel very much comfortable and because of him I enjoyed a lot. Whenever I felt like, I always strolled along the Ghats. Also, I bought plenty of artificial jewellery for my wife from the well known Vishwanath Gali Market.
What I found was that 10 days aren’t sufficient to discern the beauty of such an amazing city. Although, I returned few days back, yet, started planning for the next visit in the Winters. Have even done my prior booking with @EastSons Tourism, this time for my wife as well.
3 DAYS OF MUSIC
- Introduction to Traditional Indian Music
- Live Performances by emerging Local folks
- An evening dedicated to DRUMS (Tabla, Pakhawaj, Mridang, Tanpura) & STRUMS (Sitar, Sarangi, Veena)
- Introductory Classes & Flute performance.
3 DAYS OF MEDITATION
- Introductory classes for Meditation
- 2 Days Vipasana Course in Sarnath (Where Lord Buddha offered his first Preachings)
6 DAYS OF VEDIC DOCTRINES & LIFESTYLE
- Introductory Classes for Vedic Knowledge
- Visiting ancient temples of Lord Shiva and other deities
- 2 Days Stay at Kumbh in Prayag (Biggest Gathering every year on Planet Earth)
- 2 Days visit and Stay in the Villages of India
3 DAYS on the GHATS of BENARES
- Sightseeing of ghats
- Boating across the ghats in evening
- Ganga aarti at main Ghat
- Visit to Cremation grounds
- Street Shopping in the narrow lanes in ghat area
Near Tulsi Mandir and Opp Shilky's
223, Sector 10
EastSons' Corporate Office
141, Shrewsbury Road
Forest Gate, London